Question Power went out while Copy and Pasting very large file to external hard drive. Is the orginal file OK?

Mar 19, 2019
I am not sure I have anything to worry about but I was backing up a large amount of data last night (over 100GB) to an external hard drive. During the process high winds caused the power to go out. I transferred the file/files with Copy and Paste. Once the power came back on I deleted the incomplete copy and started the copy and paste process over again and this time the transfer was completed ok. There was an error on the external hard drive that I was able to fix no problem. My question is could any damage or errors have been done to my original files when the power went out? If I understand copy and paste the files are simply copied to the clipboard and from the clipboard they are copied to the external hard drive thus the original files are safe and sound. Any help would be greatly appriceated.

Mar 19, 2019
One last thing if you don't mind, is my idea of copy and paste correct? Orginal file gets copied to the clipboard and from the clipboard gets copied to the target destination so the originals don't actually get modified?