Question Powerbeats Pro bluetooth earbuds cutting out sporadically on Windows 10

Apr 20, 2021
I have had these earbuds for over a year. In the last week or two this issue has started -- I'll be in a computer game, or just working and listening to music, and all of a sudden the audio gets really choppy and then cuts out altogether.

If I click the speaker icon in the bottom right of my desktop, and switch the bluetooth profile to "Headset" .. and then back to "Headphones" .. the problem gets fixed.

I'm at a loss here!

Apr 20, 2021
UPDATE
Two things that I thought were worth adding here for context.

1. I had the Sound Control Panel up while Spotify was playing, right when the problem happened (audio stuttered, stuttered, then fully cut out). I noticed that Spotify kept playing, AND the little sound level indicator kept moving up and down, so the music was still playing internally on the machine, I guess? (image here in my google drive)

2. When I toggle from the Playback to the Recording tabs in the Sound Control Panel, the audio cuts right out .. then when I toggle back to the Playback tab, it works again.

Hopefully those two bits of information are helpful!