PowerColor Ati 9600 XT: 128MB or 256MB?

I've seen both; where i live, 128mb model: 191 ?; and 256mb model: 204
?.

What's the difference besides price and memory ammount?
Memory runs at the same speed in both cases, or is it faster in one of
them?
(And if equal, i think it's worth paying those extra 13 ? for double
memory, isn't it?).

Thanks in advance.

"Minstro" <putoboss@iname.com> wrote:

> I've seen both; where i live, 128mb model: 191 ?; and 256mb model: 204
>?.
>
> What's the difference besides price and memory ammount?
> Memory runs at the same speed in both cases, or is it faster in one of
>them?
> (And if equal, i think it's worth paying those extra 13 ? for double
>memory, isn't it?).
>
> Thanks in advance.

You think you're the first person to ask this question? Sheesh, the
"how much video mem is optimum" question is probably the most common
viedo-card issue out there. Go to google and search.

You're welcome, in advance.

I was looking for a more straight-forward answer, supposed i want a
video card that will long in time with an acceptable performance next year
and a half - two years (maybe i should have mentioned it). And for the
memory speed question, i searched in powercolor site but found nothing.

Thanks anyway 'in advance' (already new google).