PowerColor, Ati, Saphire which is best brand

If buying the 9800 pro, does it make anydifference as to which brand a
person buys?

Thanks for the opinions.

rq

RQ wrote:
> If buying the 9800 pro, does it make anydifference as to which brand a
> person buys?
>
> Thanks for the opinions.
>

> rq

I know at one time Sapphire manufactured cards for ATI.

In article <9x4Qd.388218$Xk.288458@pd7tw3no>, RQ says...
> If buying the 9800 pro, does it make anydifference as to which brand a
> person buys?

Not really. Just watch that its a 256bit card.

--
Conor

-- George Patton

RQ wrote:

>If buying the 9800 pro, does it make anydifference as to which brand a
>person buys?
>Thanks for the opinions.

PowerColor is one brand I usually avoid. Heard too much bad things about
their products.
As for Sapphire: Before ATI went into making cards on their own it was
Sapphire who manufactured their adapters for them. You can't go wrong
with a Radeon from Sapphire.
HIS/Enmic is another fine brand if you're settling for a Radeon-based
card.

>rq

Thomas

Hi,

In article <9x4Qd.388218$Xk.288458@pd7tw3no>, RQ <qurandc@shaw.ca> wrote:
#If buying the 9800 pro, does it make anydifference as to which brand a
#person buys?

It's those extra letters you need to avoid, like SE or EZ or "Lite".
They usually indicate 128 or even 64 bit versions, slow memory, or
disabled pipelines, or other cripplers. ATi resellers seem to be heavily
afflicted with this crippleware lately, and it's not doing ATi's
reputation any good.

Ken.
Mail: kmarsh at charm dot net | Close the VT SVC Ctr boondoggle and
WWW: http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh | return services to local CIS offices!

"Thomas Engler" <thomas.engler@gmx.de> wrote in message
> RQ wrote:
>
>>If buying the 9800 pro, does it make anydifference as to which brand a
>>person buys?
>>Thanks for the opinions.
>
> PowerColor is one brand I usually avoid. Heard too much bad things about
> their products.
> As for Sapphire: Before ATI went into making cards on their own it was
> Sapphire who manufactured their adapters for them. You can't go wrong
> with a Radeon from Sapphire.
> HIS/Enmic is another fine brand if you're settling for a Radeon-based
> card.
>
>>rq
>
> Thomas
I`d disagree about the HIS....I`ve had 2 cards from them fail within a
month..While both were low end cards (MX440 and a 9550 ) I cant see
different production values within one factory. I would agree with the
Sapphire comment...I have never read anything bad about them. I wish I could
Jeff