PowerColor AX5450 512MK3-SH w/Eyefinity: HDMI & DVI Output?

bocajoe

Reputable
Aug 8, 2014
I know these are lower end cards but I was wanting to use it to play movies through HDMI to my TV and when not watching movies via HDMI use the DVI to feed 2 monitors (or worse case 1 monitor) for non gaming.

Specs on the card say with Eyefinity you can run up to 3 displays. So can I hookup my TV through HDMI AND 2 monitors through the Dual DVI with this card with eyefinity?

Solution
You will be able to use the DVI and HDMI simultaneously to drive two displays with no trouble. You won't be able to get 3 without using another card.
Eyefinity in those older cards required the use of DisplayPort for more than two screens. You may be able to do what you want but it will require an ACTIVE DP to DVI/HDMI adapter. If there is not DP port, then you cannot use 3 screens. In that case, "eyefinity" just indicates the the card can treat two screens as a single screen for the purpose of gaming across both screens.

Pretty much any modern card can support three screens whether it supports "eyefinity" or not. If you have integrated graphics, you can run one or two screens from that and another from a dedicated GPU.

bocajoe

Reputable
Aug 8, 2014

Thanks for the reply. This particular card has dual-link DVI, HDMI and VGA. Do you think I can use the Dual Link DVI (2 monitors or worst case 1 monitor) AND the HDMI?