Powercolor Brings Out Four AMD R9 300 GPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creme

Reputable
Aug 4, 2014
I wonder if the fact that the 360X, 370X and 380X weren't already released because Nvidia has nothing in that performance segment, or if it's easier to manage having fewer cards on the market.

R7 360 = GTX 750
R7 370 > GTX 750 Ti
R9 380 => GTX 960

The 370 seems like a good choice for a 750 Ti beater, as opposed to having a "just equivalent" 360X. Maybe now AMD only releases a X version if they truly feel the need.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
"Powercolor released its flagship today, the PCS+ AMD Radeon R9 390X, which features a whopping 2816 stream processors"

this is a BLATANT advertisement. no shame. no shame at all. everyone knows these are rebadged. whopping? really? it's been whopping for quite a while now.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
"Powercolor released its flagship today, the PCS+ AMD Radeon R9 390X, which features a whopping 2816 stream processors"

this is a BLATANT advertisement. no shame. no shame at all. everyone knows these are rebadged. whopping? really? it's been whopping for quite a while now.

Larry Litmanen

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
I don't think the Fury cards will be better than nVidia cards, here's why.

The card will go on sale in a few weeks, so it is ready to be benchmarked and all that. If AMD shipped the card to the reviewers like Toms and others and they published that it is better than 980TI that would make people wait for the AMD card and buy it. So by not having the benchmarks AMD is giving up weeks of sales.

Why would a company pass up on weeks of sales if they have a product that is better, why wouldn't the company do everything possible short of shipping the card?

I am not advertising any of these cards in this article. I never said that these weren't rebadged cards. Just because they are essentially the same as the R9 200 series cards, doesn't make 2816 cores go from being a lot to being a little. On Tom's Hardware yesterday we also published articles on the R9 300 series of GPUs from Asus, MSI, and Sapphire too. I personally wrote three of these. If you believe I am advertising the Powercolor GPUs, please see my other articles. I don't advertise any GPU over another. These are not reviews, and as such I have no way of knowing which of these GPUs is the best one.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008

I am not advertising any of these cards in this article. I never said that these weren't rebadged cards. Just because they are essentially the same as the R9 200 series cards, doesn't make 2816 cores go from being a lot to being a little. On Tom's Hardware yesterday we also published articles on the R9 300 series of GPUs from Asus, MSI, and Sapphire too. I personally wrote three of these. If you believe I am advertising the Powercolor GPUs, please see my other articles. I don't advertise any GPU over another. These are not reviews, and as such I have no way of knowing which of these GPUs is the best one.
I don't think the Fury cards will be better than nVidia cards, here's why.

The card will go on sale in a few weeks, so it is ready to be benchmarked and all that. If AMD shipped the card to the reviewers like Toms and others and they published that it is better than 980TI that would make people wait for the AMD card and buy it. So by not having the benchmarks AMD is giving up weeks of sales.

Why would a company pass up on weeks of sales if they have a product that is better, why wouldn't the company do everything possible short of shipping the card?
i've been buying AMD cards exclusively since i started pc gaming 14 years ago, but i've never considered myself a fanboy. i've considered buying nvidia but i just hate the community that supports them and their business tactics.

That being said, if reviews are not released by the time the fury x is out, it is guaranteed to still sell out. they've already activated their hype machine and their possibly flawed internal benchmarks which fanboys will of course eat up. and there are plenty of AMD fanboys.

ALSO, an interesting fact: AMD is withholding review units from organizations that have a history of bashing their image, especially over the past few months. I guess this is their way of trying to introduce fair reviews, but this will also skew it and make it TOO positive. i guess being honest just isn't working for them anymore, especially when team green is playing dirty themselves.

slair76116

Reputable
Jun 22, 2015
"whopping 2816 stream processors" is Misleading, better to write things as is from a perspective based on reality on the day of writing.

Just for future reviews...

Status
Not open for further replies.