Powercolor hasn't a Kyro-II anymore

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
As it seems NVIDIA 'might' read my words clearly here ! be strongarming smaller Taiwanese companies. In this case Powercolor canceled all cards not based on a NVIDIA-chip. It seems that NVIDIA tries to reduce the companies presenting KyroII-boards with new contracts (exclusive GPUs). As a result, Powercolor won't produce any boards not based on the NVIDIA in the future

<b><font color=red>This makes me sick. Now pushing around the little guys. Now there in the ranks with Rambus and Microsoft </font color=red></b> Read this e-mail i got.

To our dear customers:

Thanks for the long-term supports by purchasing various products from C.P. Technology. Based on the persistency of benefiting our precious customers with the best products, C.P. Technology is glad to announce that we have chosen NVIDIA as THE ONLY chip set provider for our game cards.

NVIDIA, the leading chip set provider, is well known by its remarkable performance and superior quality. Empowered by Geforce series chip sets, our products such as MX 200, GTS2, MX dual view, and MX400 PCI/CRT/DVI/TV-out have impressed thousands users and gained the best reputation in the 3D game card industry.

With all our hearts, we sincerely invite you to enjoy the fantastic 3D world presented by our excellent products, which powered by NVIDIA chip sets. By boosting the quality of our products, we indeed assure our customers an enhanced satisfaction as well. We are looking forward the further opportunities to serve you. Please grant us your continuous support as usual.

Best regards,

Ted Chen, C.E.O. of C.P. Technology

ATi and PowerVR will win at the end. kyro III and Radeon2 vs. Geforce3. Heck there is a ultra radeon coming out too.

Check out my RIG <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/rcf84/home.html" target="_new">Rcf84's celeron machine</A>

G

yes indeed...
:(
NVIDIA=INTEL=RAMBUS
look at this..

http://213.219.40.69/12040110.htm
go there...

it looks like this:

NVIDIA:
- if you want to sell our state of the art geforce 3 then YOU have to selll our geforce 2 mx and tnt-2 m64
lol
what a crap !!!!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by powervr2 on 04/13/01 11:21 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

No way man!

nVidia is like AMD. They'r new.

ATI is like Intel. >:-(

Imagination Tec is like Cyrix. <:cool:)

<font color=blue><b>Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?</b></font color=blue>

G

;)
go see an kyro 2 review and then came here to talk...
nvidia is more like rambus because they make NON-ETICAL Moves !!! I am not talking of whom is the oldest...

Why they are so desesperate?
answer: (find a review on kyro 2).

;)
sorry about my poor english...

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by powervr2 on 04/13/01 04:32 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-----------------

All your RAMBUS are belong t............ ahh screw it

G

the problem now is that they Nvidia don't have a superior product that could also be cheap...

Find some of the old articles relating to how NVidia treated HardOCP and Hypothermia in that GeForce Giveaway they did a long while back.

nvidia must have good enginners etc... but there are to much bad people in there !!!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by powervr2 on 04/14/01 01:27 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

funny I saw it here:
http://pvr.gamestats.com/start.shtml

"Well it is still true that PowerColor will be a NVIDIA only company, but it is also true they (or rather "they" using a different brandname) will be releasing a KYRO II later in the year. Interesting that PowerColor will have to change its brandname to sell PowerColor boards... Think NVIDIA had something to do with that?"

funny...