Powercolor HD7970OC and Gigabyte Sniper M3

fireblyd

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
I am having a problem with the above combination. The motherboard does not recognize the card. I am running the latest BIOS versions, tried changing the PCIe to GEN1 and GEN2, tried the card in each of the availbale 3 PCIe slots, to no avail. Anyone have a fix or know of a solution for this problem? Thanks in advance.

Shallowmist

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
WEll some bit of info would be nice. Are you sure the card is 100% working ? Is it connected properly? ARe all cables good plugged in etc? Are you sure the motherboard is working? Can you test the board with a different card? Can you test the card in a different board? Etc etc.

fireblyd

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013

fireblyd

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
Sorry, yes all the boards are working fine, tried them on another machine. All cables are plugged in and the rig works fine with the onboard graphics card. Games run fine, etc. My problem comes in when the 7970 card is inserted. The mobo does not reconise the card. I have tried another graphics card in the PCIe slots and it works fine. So seems like a compatibility issue. Mailed Gigabyte but no answers forthcoming yet.

Shallowmist

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011

I guarantee you there isn't a graphics card on this planet ( obviously not talking about old cards just current gens) That the Sniper won't run. That motherboard is soooooo beast. My guess is possibly faulty chip of some sorts. Assuming you have the powersupply to match all of this and all cables are golden. The only thing i can figure out is faulty card dude. it happens

CALL just call i work as tech support and have for years ( god hope i am quitting soon) but seriously if you wait on mail it can take weeks. Just call them and be persistent little bastard so they get annoyed and fix your things.