PowerColor Launches R9 290, 290X, PCS+ and LCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

acktionhank

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
"PowerColor has a different solution for buyers who can't live with a mere 1050 MHz GPU clock, or for those who don't wish to vent graphics heat into their cases. The LCS R9-290X is clocked to 1060 MHz, which is nearly 1 percent faster than its already overclocked PCS+ model."I've never seen a more sarcastic paragraph written on tomshardware. I'm going to have to admit, i'm rather impressed.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Not exactly. Increase power ceiling, lower the threshold temperature for max fan, raise max fan speed, problem solved:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/build-your-own-r9-290-crossfire,3711-8.html

Well, that takes care of throttling. The supersized cooler helps reduce the noise problem. I'd still prefer the LC solution over three fans that vent into the case though.

Phillip Wager

Honorable
May 30, 2013
#1 it is not 1% faster than stock it is 1% faster than powercolor's other OC'ed card. #2 i don't think i will buy another powercolor product i had my last videocard i got from them die 3 months after the 2year warranty expired. i probably won't buy another 2 year warranty video card again especially since almost every Nvidea card is 3 year warranty. Diamond offers a 5 year warranty and both visiontek and XFX offer lifetime warrantied products and they don't charge more. i was a very big powercolor suporter until just now.

Status
Not open for further replies.