[SOLVED] PowerColor Red Devil 5700XT or MSI GAMING X Trio RTX 2070 Super?

BrandonFitzpatricc

Commendable
Jun 23, 2019
Before I continue, I know that the 5700 XT would be the better deal. However, I don’t plan on upgrading for a long time after this, most likely not for 5-10 years. So I care about performance more than price, although I don’t feel the need to get a 2080 super or anything above that. Originally I assumed that the 2070 super is better performance wise due to the higher price, but now I’m not so sure. The PowerColor Red Devil impressed me quite a lot, and I feel like I might be able to get better performance out of it with the powerplay mod enabled. Whichever card I get, I plan on overclocking it as high as it can get, hence why I chose two GPUs that seemingly have some of the best coolers. I’m confident that my system is cool enough to handle it, and I have the X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi so I’m sure my motherboard can handle it too (assuming that motherboards are a factor when it comes to GPU overclocking). But anyway, prices aside, simply going by performance alone, which do you guys think I should get?

EndEffeKt_24

Commendable
Mar 27, 2019
I am planning to purchase a 5700xt if I cant find a good deal for a used 1080ti.
This is partial due to the better price/performance but also because I raged for the last 12 months over NVidias buisiness practices (pricing, releases,gsync-tax) and I really dont want to buy a new gpu from them.

Reactions: BrandonFitzpatricc

BrandonFitzpatricc

Commendable
Jun 23, 2019
I am planning to purchase a 5700xt if I cant find a good deal for a used 1080ti.
This is partial due to the better price/performance but also because I raged for the last 12 months over NVidias buisiness practices (pricing, releases,gsync-tax) and I really dont want to buy a new gpu from them.
Yeah, I get that. I personally think that AMD definitely has the upper hand right now, but considering that Nvidia basically makes all of their profit from GPU’s, unlike AMD which still makes a lot of profit from CPU’s, I feel like they’re gonna make a better effort to fight back next year. If they don’t then they’re gonna lose a really large majority of their stock

Aug 18, 2019

Man hopefully I can help you here in the PH, we have a lot of 2nd hand 1080 ti Video cards here due to mining craze and they are selling it very cheap

Aug 18, 2019
For I would choose RX5700 XT Price to performance ratio its really good specially the 3rd party AIB saw a lot of reviews that the performance are somewhat trading blows with the RTX 2080 so in terms of price I would go for it with the AMD not a fanboy of Nvidia or AMD here

There are a lot of games where the RX5700 XT is the winner so like other reviewer said the RX performs between 2070 Super and the RTX 2080 and price wise its around $450 to $500.

But if money is not an issue go buy a RTX 2080 ti that card is a beast and can hold out more than 5 years

I'm using a
MSI B350 Mortar
Ryzen 7 1700
Corsair Vengeance 16gb 8gb2x RGB
GTX 1060 6gb