[SOLVED] Powercolor Red Devil RX6900 XT & Asus Z490-H Aura RGB Gen2 Header

Apr 5, 2021
hey all,
I have fitted my new card into the pc and am attempting to connect the 3 pin RGB cable that came with the card to the mobo, the mobo has 2x4 pin conecctions (RGB_HEADER1 & 2) and a single 3 pin Aura RGB Gen2 Header.
My question is, is it ok to connect the 3 pin cable from the card to this 3 pin Aura RGB Gen2 Header, is that what the connection is for, I really don't want to damage the card or the mobo by doing this.
Thanks for any help or guidance you guys can give

Solution
I hope you have a near 1KW PSU to power the entire build with the discrete GPU in there. Looking through the product page, here, you're given an ARGB cable, meaning you should be able to tether the GPU's ARGB cable to the motherboard's ARGB header, the ADD GEN2 header on the motherboard. just be careful that the arrow on the cable corresponds to the 5v header on the motherboard's pinout.

Lutfij

Titan
I hope you have a near 1KW PSU to power the entire build with the discrete GPU in there. Looking through the product page, here, you're given an ARGB cable, meaning you should be able to tether the GPU's ARGB cable to the motherboard's ARGB header, the ADD GEN2 header on the motherboard. just be careful that the arrow on the cable corresponds to the 5v header on the motherboard's pinout.

Solution
Apr 5, 2021
hey thanks for the quick reply

yep i have the 1000w evga gold psu, thanks,
its 3 pin so i think it can only go in 1 way, the connection has a split with 2 holes to one side and 1 to the other, i'm assuming i can't get this to go incorrectly ?