[SOLVED] Powercolor RX570 supposed to be 8 pin but only has 6

josiseatter

Honorable
Jul 19, 2015
I purchased the powercolor red dragon r570 from a local pc store. This unit is supposed to take a 8 pin pcie cable. The first unit I got did but ended up being faulty. The replacement unit I got only has room for a 6pin... Can't find anything online about this unit having a 6 pin. Has anyone else got this unit who can comment?

Cheers for your time

Photos >
View: https://imgur.com/a/tFaQBwS

Lutfij

Titan
There should be a sticker to designate an SKU for the card. To note, the reason there are SKU's is to differentiate a version of item in a lineup or series, and for inventory stocking purposes. So which one did you have prior to the current card?

Considering your card has a connector for a 6 pin and the PCB doesn't look like the connector was tampered with(i.e, the 8pin input was removed in favor of a 6pin input), I'm sure that the card is meant to work off a 6pin and came that way from the factory.

Edit;
Upon looking at the SKU for the current card and the site, the card is said to have a single 8pin input. You should return the card and make sure you have images of the prior and current card as well as the site on your phone in a tab, in case the seller argues that you'd tampered with it.

Lutfij

Titan
There should be a sticker to designate an SKU for the card. To note, the reason there are SKU's is to differentiate a version of item in a lineup or series, and for inventory stocking purposes. So which one did you have prior to the current card?

Considering your card has a connector for a 6 pin and the PCB doesn't look like the connector was tampered with(i.e, the 8pin input was removed in favor of a 6pin input), I'm sure that the card is meant to work off a 6pin and came that way from the factory.

Edit;
Upon looking at the SKU for the current card and the site, the card is said to have a single 8pin input. You should return the card and make sure you have images of the prior and current card as well as the site on your phone in a tab, in case the seller argues that you'd tampered with it.

josiseatter

Honorable
Jul 19, 2015
Thanks for the reply. Exact same card and model got them both on the same day. Frist 1 took a 8 pin and also the website says it takes an 8 pin.
Installed and is working fine so I guess nothing to worry about. Just thought was strange... every unboxing of this model on youtube has an 8 pin

artk2219

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
Could also be a bios flashed RX 470, shouldnt really make a difference either way so long as thermals are in check since the RX 570 doesnt suck much power either. But its kinda a shady business practive if they sold you an RX 470 instead of a 570 without telling you its been bios flashed, again it should work exactly the same, but they should let you know. So I would check the numbers on the card to be sure, could also be an ex mining model.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS