News PowerColor's Red Devil Radeon RX 6900 XT: 3-Wide, Three 8-Pin Connectors, USB-C

Victor_S

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2015
Regarding one of the comments in the article "what it claims to be 'the industry's best DrMos ":

This seems almost dismissive as if PowerColor is "making up" this statement. These particular MOSFETS are used by nearly every motherboard manufacturer, across their entire lines from midrange up even on some of the better budget boards. These are the SAME BOARDS that Tom's reviews and rants and raves about. In fact, I am sitting next to my ROG Crosshair VIII board while I'm typing this, a board that Tom's gave a a glowing 4.5 stars.

Lots of companies tout the name, and I have seen other boards actually print the "Dr MOS" logo on the board itself highlighting the feature. If they aren't "top bin" MOSFETS, that mostly all MB Manufacturer's use, then what is?

My nitpick might seem trivial, but I constantly see you guys (Tom's Hardware) contradict yourselves across reviews the past few years. I used to regard this site as "the place" to get reliable reviews and information. What happened?

Mar 28, 2020
Regarding one of the comments in the article "what it claims to be 'the industry's best DrMos ":

This seems almost dismissive as if PowerColor is "making up" this statement. These particular MOSFETS are used by nearly every motherboard manufacturer, across their entire lines from midrange up even on some of the better budget boards. These are the SAME BOARDS that Tom's reviews and rants and raves about. In fact, I am sitting next to my ROG Crosshair VIII board while I'm typing this, a board that Tom's gave a a glowing 4.5 stars.

Lots of companies tout the name, and I have seen other boards actually print the "Dr MOS" logo on the board itself highlighting the feature. If they aren't "top bin" MOSFETS, that mostly all MB Manufacturer's use, then what is?

My nitpick might seem trivial, but I constantly see you guys (Tom's Hardware) contradict yourselves across reviews the past few years. I used to regard this site as "the place" to get reliable reviews and information. What happened?

Well , DrMos is a type and not an individual mosfet , it can range from 20A up to 90A . On 6800XT red devil PowerColor didn't claim "the industry's best DrMos " while using the 70a infineon TDA21472 DrMOS . so porobably the 6900XT red devil got the best of the best 90A DrMos ( which is the industry best DrMos)