Powercool 850w 80 plus

annonymous1377

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
Hello,
hi, paid £90 for a powercool 850+ and it lasted one month over the 3 months warranty(so 4 months).
not good value but no obvious reason for failure- any point in trying to find a way to get it repaired or will that cost more than another p/s. could fault find myself with circuit diagram but doubt if would get one- must be just an o/l protection diode or something- anyone?

randomkid

Distinguished
Too bad. I share the same bad experience with Huntkey 600W (which I bought in desperation due to need to power my kids PC), 2 units in fact which fail less than a year within one month of each other. The units has since been replaced by cheaper Cougar (for lack of better choices in my area) units which thankfully is still working after more than 2 years.

If you want to get it repaired, better bring it to powercool service center. You might have to pay something but that is better than throwing your £90 away. The only question is how reliable with be a repaired unit when the new one failed within 3 months. You might just be pouring in money into a bucket that doesn't have any bottom so might as well cut your losses & buy a Corsair or Seasonic one.

annonymous1377

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012

thanks for prompt reply- did not even know there were service centers anymore. will try to phone one for further info. reg.