Question Powered Down/Off External Hard Drive On Vibration

Nov 25, 2021
Can vibration affect powered down/off external hard drive?

My external hard drives are stored in my cabinet while on the other side of the wall my neighbor drilling his side of the wall to mount his TV with bracket and I felt my cabinet vibrates for about 5 minutes.

Now I’m being paranoid that my external hard drives are affected by the vibration and got errors from it. Please help.

My external hard drives are stored in my cabinet while on the other side of the wall my neighbor drilling his side of the wall to mount his TV with bracket and I felt my cabinet vibrates for about 5 minutes.

Now I’m being paranoid that my external hard drives are affected by the vibration and got errors from it. Please help.
When a hdd is powered off and the heads are parked a hdd is pretty tough.

I suppose you could plug the hdd's in and scan them.

Reactions: Danvic

USAFRet

Titan

If vibration like that affected hard drives, we wouldn't have PC's at all.

Consider a laptop in a briefcase or backpack, on the floor of a train for a couple of hours.

Your drives are fine.