Question Powered USB Hub causing slow motion video using audio interface

blahcomp222

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2014
I have this audio interface. It always worked pretty good

I tried using this powered USB hub for the first time. I never used a powered hub but learned I should be:
https://www.amazon.com/Tek-Republic..._cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8#customerReviews

https://tek-republic.com/products/tuh-3710

When I plug the audio interface into the Hub, it makes videos (youtube etc) play in slow motion and with no sound.
The audio interface reinstalls itself when I plug it into the hub (device set up progress bar shows up and then it should be all good but it isn't).

My keyboard works fine with the hub though.
the audio interface is one of the main reasons I got the hub since it's probably drawing a decent amount of power, so I want to make sure it's using the powered hub and not my PSU.

Any ideas?

blahcomp222

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2014
I have this audio interface. It always worked pretty good

the audio interface works fine when plugged straight into the computer. I've been using it for years that way and never knew about powered USB hubs (safer than drawing PSU power).

it would reinstall the audio interface when I plug it into the HUB (shows device setup progress bar),

I uninstalled the duo capture in control panel. Then re downloaded the drivers and it to work with the powered hub.

But I was playing a game, hit windows key to exit game for a minute, and now the problem is back where I get slow mo video and no sound.

please advise thanks

Last edited:

blahcomp222

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2014
edit 2:
it was working when I had Steam (video games prog) closed. Then I opened Steam, opened a game and had audio fine, but i hit the Windows key to go to desktop and that causes the problem now when I toggle between windows key from being in a steam game.

if I unplug and replug the audio interface it fixes it but I can't be having to unplug stuff all the time to fix it.

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
In your audio settings you'll have to set the USB as default playback. It's one of the drawbacks to USB audio. It's not a constant interface like a regular sound jack, it has to be rediscovered with every unplug/plug. As long as it's plugged in, it should stay at default, but if a program changes that, you should be able to just open audio settings and retask the USB.

There are occasions, like when I run discord and a game that I loose sound on discord when swapping to game. It won't dual access unless discord is run under administrator mode and the game run under windowed-fullscreen.

Last edited:

blahcomp222

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2014
thanks^
But when I right click the interface's Properties for PLAYBACK, there's no option to set as default. My motherboard's audio has that option but not using it.
It shows the option to set the interface as default for the RECORDING tab, and I did that but it's not fixed.

In Advanced Properties I can uncheck 'allow programs to take exclusive control of this device"
but that didn't solve it either.

in the meantime I'll plug it straight into my motherboard and risk frying my system with this usb-powered pre amp audio interface.

Last edited:

blahcomp222

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2014
bump
I will get a new usb audio interface if I have to but not sure if it's the duo capture that's the problem.
I used a usb powered flatbed scanner with the hub and it didn't crash or anything so maybe this duo capture somehow having a driver issue or something when using the HUB. Driver is current.

Last edited: