[SOLVED] Poweredge T310

Sep 11, 2020
Help! Have an old Dell Poweredge T310 server that we brought with us when we moved offices but have not bothered to connect as we moved to a cloud based system for storage. However looking for some documents and images that I think may be saved on this machine. Is there a way to access it without hiring an IT firm to reconnect it. We do also have recent backup tapes from this machine if they would be of use to get access to files.

kanewolf

Titan
Help! Have an old Dell Poweredge T310 server that we brought with us when we moved offices but have not bothered to connect as we moved to a cloud based system for storage. However looking for some documents and images that I think may be saved on this machine. Is there a way to access it without hiring an IT firm to reconnect it. We do also have recent backup tapes from this machine if they would be of use to get access to files.
Unknown. Without knowing what infrastructure you have and who manages it, there is no way to answer.
From your question, it sounds like you don't have a system admin background. To maximize the probabilities of getting data off that box, I would recommend you DO get someone that is familiar with the hardware and OS.

Reactions: Brenda Mc