Powering a ups?

JacobG

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2011
I was wondering if its safe to plug a power strip in the wall and power multiple UPS's? I currently have a small server room with a bunch of stuff in it that should be running on a UPS. The UPS's I have only have limited plugs on how many has access to the battery. So I'm being forced to use multiple UPS's because the company doesn't want to dish out the money for a more expensive one. So with that in mind I have to hook up 3 UPS's in a room with only 1 wall outlit with 2 plugs on it. So can I take a power strip and power all 3 UPS's and still be safe? This power strip does not have a surge protecter built in. If this is possible should i use one with a surge protecter?

Thanks,

Jacob G.

Solution
Hi :)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ask the company would they rather buy a bigger UPS or burn down their building with an electrical fire caused by OVERLOADING sockets...or you could ask your local Fire station....

If you MUST do it...you NEED to work out the maximum AMPERAGES each machine uses , then total them and then work out what your two sockets can provide SAFELY....

All the best Brett :)
Hi :)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ask the company would they rather buy a bigger UPS or burn down their building with an electrical fire caused by OVERLOADING sockets...or you could ask your local Fire station....

If you MUST do it...you NEED to work out the maximum AMPERAGES each machine uses , then total them and then work out what your two sockets can provide SAFELY....

All the best Brett :)

Solution