[SOLVED] Powering a XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS

Jun 18, 2020
I have a Corsair CS Series, CS550M psu and a XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS gpu. I am having trouble finding the correct cable to power the card from the psu. I have two available 6 female pin ports on the psu and the card has an 8 pin female port. The card came with a 8 pin male to dual 6 pin female cable which is incompatible with my psu. Of course I don't have the original cables that came with the PSU. Can someone please lend me some guidance as to what cable I need and where I can get it? I tried a 8 pin to 8 pin cable (4+4) but it didn't plug in easily and didn't power the card.

Solution
That first link links to a RM series psu.

I am having trouble finding the correct cable to power the card from the psu. I have two available 6 female pin ports on the psu and the card has an 8 pin female port. The card came with a 8 pin male to dual 6 pin female cable which is incompatible with my psu. Of course I don't have the original cables that came with the PSU. Can someone please lend me some guidance as to what cable I need and where I can get it? I tried a 8 pin to 8 pin cable (4+4) but it didn't plug in easily and didn't power the card.
Since not having the original cables would i just get another psu. Do not use cables fro...

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
That first link links to a RM series psu.

I am having trouble finding the correct cable to power the card from the psu. I have two available 6 female pin ports on the psu and the card has an 8 pin female port. The card came with a 8 pin male to dual 6 pin female cable which is incompatible with my psu. Of course I don't have the original cables that came with the PSU. Can someone please lend me some guidance as to what cable I need and where I can get it? I tried a 8 pin to 8 pin cable (4+4) but it didn't plug in easily and didn't power the card.
Since not having the original cables would i just get another psu. Do not use cables fro other psu's! They might be pinned differently and you might need more then a different psu because you damaged other components.

You could contact Corsair support, maybe they still have spares and from what i remember do they have cable sets for these (maybe), but then again those probably will be expensive as well.

You do NOT use the 4+4 for a gpu, that one is the EPS connector for the cpu and is connected to the motherboard.

Solution
Jun 18, 2020
Thanks for the help all. I found the cable I needed on Newegg, manufactured by Corsair. Also an Amazon seller named Comeap has a cable that will work though it isn't built with capacitors.

Reactions: Vic 40