[SOLVED] Powering my Bluetooth Speaker through USB-A port

testsubject2575

Reputable
Dec 26, 2019
I have a Bluetooth Speaker but it seems that the micro-USB port is too easy to break even if it gets resoldered over and over so I tried plugging it using a Male to Male USB-A connector and it worked. Now it acts as a power cable instead of a charger.

Will this work fine for long term use? Also, what are the other ways to charge this other than using the micro-USB port?

Last edited:
Solution
Actually it is not charging so it will only work when plugged in.

Then the only way is to use the micro usb port if there is no other charging connection. I have had a lot of devices with micro USB and only one ended up failing, a phone I bought used that was running for a few years with me that finally stopped working properly to charge. You may be able to use a magnetic charger connection so you are not pulling on the cable and connector itself something like this https://www.amazon.com/NetDot-Upgra...r-Compatible/dp/B06XVRBTXK?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_1
If your speaker has a micro usb port, how did you connect it with a USB A connector? Are you just using a micro to USB A adapter? There is no way to charge the speaker unless you want to remove the battery connectors to the USB port and wire up something else yourself using the correct voltages and amps the battery uses to charge.

Reactions: testsubject2575

testsubject2575

Reputable
Dec 26, 2019
If your speaker has a micro usb port, how did you connect it with a USB A connector? Are you just using a micro to USB A adapter? There is no way to charge the speaker unless you want to remove the battery connectors to the USB port and wire up something else yourself using the correct voltages and amps the battery uses to charge.
The speaker has a separate USB-A port for reading USB drives, but I used it as a power plug instead.

The micro-USB can't be fixed by any means, because resoldering it isn't strong enough to hold the port.

Actually it is not charging so it will only work when plugged in.

Then the only way is to use the micro usb port if there is no other charging connection. I have had a lot of devices with micro USB and only one ended up failing, a phone I bought used that was running for a few years with me that finally stopped working properly to charge. You may be able to use a magnetic charger connection so you are not pulling on the cable and connector itself something like this https://www.amazon.com/NetDot-Upgra...r-Compatible/dp/B06XVRBTXK?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_1

Reactions: testsubject2575
Solution

testsubject2575

Reputable
Dec 26, 2019
Yeah I remember these magnetic charger cables, thanks for reminding me.