[SOLVED] Powering On Issue

ethan206

Honorable
Jul 27, 2018
I have a issue where when I boot up my laptop it'll get past the Windows logo and then just freeze up. Occasionally a mouse cursor will appear, but it won't move. Then when I force it to shut down and boot it back up again, everything works fine and I can get into Windows. Basically, I have to boot up my computer once, shut it down, then boot it up again in order for it to successfully boot into Windows. In case this helps, I do have a eGPU attached to my laptop via ExpressCard, but I've already been using that setup for months and this problem only occured after I updated from Windows 10 1809 to 1903. Is there a issue with the driver or boot-up, or anything else?

Hello

Can you please try Disabling Fast Startup and see if it works?

If the issue persists, please try Running the SFC /SCANNOW Command.

You may also want to try Hard Resetting Your Laptop.

If nothing works, please try rolling back your graphics card driver to its earlier built to check if there is any compatibility issue that is keeping Windows from booting normally with the latest driver.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!

Solution

ethan206

Honorable
Jul 27, 2018
Hello

Can you please try Disabling Fast Startup and see if it works?

If the issue persists, please try Running the SFC /SCANNOW Command.

You may also want to try Hard Resetting Your Laptop.

If nothing works, please try rolling back your graphics card driver to its earlier built to check if there is any compatibility issue that is keeping Windows from booting normally with the latest driver.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!

Thanks, turning off fast startup worked!