Powering risers with 6 pin

brecelj.tilen

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018
Greeting,
I'm building my first mining rig and have some questions about how to power risers.
I have 6 Risers version 008S that feature 3 power connectors: S-ATA, 4 pin Molex and 6 pin (they say that is a 6 pin Molex)
My question is: can i plug my 6+2 VGA power cable into that 6 pin.
I'm including a picture of mentioned riser and VGA cable that came with PSU. Its a 12 pin that i plug into PSU and then it splits into dual 6+2 pin.Soo what i would do is plug one 6+2 into my GTX 1080 and the other 6+2 i would plug into 6 pin connector on a riser (i would only use 6 and leave 2 free of course. Would that be ok, or i shouldnt do that?
vga-cable-12pin-inot-dua.jpg

Pls ask me if you need more questions. This is my first post here and English is not my native language soo pls excuse any mistakes.
Thank you all very much.

Solution
Don't use SATA to power the risers, that can kill your PSU and at worst cause a fire hazard.
Molex is better though i still wouldn't recommend it. Better to always just use the 6 pin pcie power connectors.

beri.bora

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018

Soo that 6 pin slot on my Riser is for PCIe cables correct? I just want to be 100% sure i can use my VGA power cable that came with my PSU. Its a 12 pin (that i will plug into PSU) that splits into dual 6+2 pins. I will plug one end of 6+2 pins into my GPU and the other 6 pin into riser.
Thank you guys for replys.

Yes.