[SOLVED] Powerline adapter keeps disconnecting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woji__

Honorable
Nov 28, 2016
I am not sure what to do exactly, but I used the software provided with my powerline adapter & wifi extender combo and i see both devices very well. All of a sudden, as of yesterday, my internet has been dropping constantly and I had no idea why, so I opened the software for a bit and saw that the powerline adapter in my room constantly keeps losing connection with the device connected to the router. I am not sure what to do. Yes i restarted both the router and powerline adapter, when this happened before i even bought new cat cables.

that is the powerline adapter kit i use. Any help would be appreciated

Solution
Well, powerline is pretty reliable unless something changes in the power or lines.

The best way to test if it is the powerlines themselves is to bring them both into the same room and run tests on them while they are plugged into the same outlet box. Just put them in between a normal wired run and see if they are dropping anymore. If they are, then it is just a bad set and get a replacement.

If not, then something changed in your wiring somehow. Check for anything that's been recently plugged in, especially power adapters with transformers as they can introduce lots of noise.
Well, powerline is pretty reliable unless something changes in the power or lines.

The best way to test if it is the powerlines themselves is to bring them both into the same room and run tests on them while they are plugged into the same outlet box. Just put them in between a normal wired run and see if they are dropping anymore. If they are, then it is just a bad set and get a replacement.

If not, then something changed in your wiring somehow. Check for anything that's been recently plugged in, especially power adapters with transformers as they can introduce lots of noise.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.