Powerline Adapter Reliable?

CrayZE

Reputable
Feb 7, 2015
So Ive been looking at powerline adapters, and I just need to know how reliable they are? I was thinking about getting one. Should I? Or just get a PCI-E wireless adapter?

Solution
Like anything else, some are better than others. It also depends on the wiring between the two adapters.
I've been using a set of 200Mb/s PL adapters in my house for a couple years now, and they've been rock solid, even though they connect on separate sides of a manufactured home, on different circuits. I tested some 500Mb/s PL adapters, and they both dropped out within a day or so of first use.
I've also used PCIe adapters of differing quality; you get what you pay for. The cheap ones (e.g. $15) tend to be slow, and have occasional glitches, though I've had few if any outright drops requiring equipment resets. Better ones (e.g. $38) are much faster, and consistent.
Like anything else, some are better than others. It also depends on the wiring between the two adapters.
I've been using a set of 200Mb/s PL adapters in my house for a couple years now, and they've been rock solid, even though they connect on separate sides of a manufactured home, on different circuits. I tested some 500Mb/s PL adapters, and they both dropped out within a day or so of first use.
I've also used PCIe adapters of differing quality; you get what you pay for. The cheap ones (e.g. $15) tend to be slow, and have occasional glitches, though I've had few if any outright drops requiring equipment resets. Better ones (e.g. $38) are much faster, and consistent.

Solution