Question Powerline adapter routing issues

MrMoore

Reputable
Jan 19, 2017
Hey All,

So I run TP-LINK Powerline adapters across my house for 2-3 years without any issues at all. Last month I Purchased myself a HP Proliant Microserver to be used as a home media server/NAS. It works wonderfully however streaming the content back to my TV's was laggy AF. So I decided to install a switch in the attic where the TV's can all be hardwired into. I've done this and tested and working as expected however I still use the powerline adapters for a few things such as my TV downstairs.

I recently noticed a TV which is hardwired cannot access my media server. when investigating it looks like the router is routing traffic via the TP-LINK Powerline adapter... (This device is hardwired straight from the TV into a Netgear Prosafe 8 Port unmanaged switch (In the Attic) and then into the back of the router.) :unsure: However on the router it goes out via the TP-LINK Powerline adapters. I do have a screenshot but I cant upload images for some reason so anyone interested please PM me...

Has anyone seen this before? Any suggestions would be appreciated :giggle:

MrMoore

Reputable
Jan 19, 2017
Sounds like you have created a loop but would need to see a diagram of what you have done!

Cant attached images so I'll explain the only possible route on my network to access the TV in question. The TV isnt plugged into the powerline adapter. Its never been plugged into the powerline...

Router ---> Netgear Prosafe 8 Port Switch --> PanasonicTV
Netgear Prosafe 8 Port Switch -->Media Server

Its a direct connection via the switch. but for some reason its routing it out via the Powerlines

EDIT: Image Attached

b238Ubw.png

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS