Powerline Adapter sometimes is "connected" but no internet.

bobbyjoe01233

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018
Hey everyone!

About a month ago, I bought a powerline adapter to replace my wifi card for gaming. Ever since, I haven't had an unreasonable case of high ping! However, I have one problem. Sometimes, when I'm using my computer, I lose internet connection, but I'm still connected, it just says "No Internet". I have turned off the standby mode for my powerline adapters so that can't be the problem. My powerline adapters are the Netgear PLP1200 Powerline adapters (this one - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S6DBGIS/ref=psdc_1194444_t1_B00S6DBGJM)

Does anyone know a fix to this problem?

Solution
Do any other devices lose internet connectivity at the same time?

What wired adapter are you using? Make and model? Firmly and fully installed?

Try other known working Ethernet cables to replace the existing cables. You may have a faulty cable.

Are the powerline adapters fully and firmly in the outlets?

Are the electrical circuits and outlets in good shape with no lights flickering, dimming, and so forth?

Check your router's logs if logs are available and enabled? May be some error codes or other issues being noted in the logs.

Ralston18

Titan
Do any other devices lose internet connectivity at the same time?

What wired adapter are you using? Make and model? Firmly and fully installed?

Try other known working Ethernet cables to replace the existing cables. You may have a faulty cable.

Are the powerline adapters fully and firmly in the outlets?

Are the electrical circuits and outlets in good shape with no lights flickering, dimming, and so forth?

Check your router's logs if logs are available and enabled? May be some error codes or other issues being noted in the logs.

Solution

bobbyjoe01233

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018
I was trying all of these, and I found out that it was my cable that was the problem. I switched the cable connecting to the router and I haven't got disconnected for a week. Thanks for your help!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts