Question Powerline adapter to wifi extender security issue

Mar 20, 2021
I've recently installed powerline adapters (tp-link av200 nano) & connected one by ethernet cable to wifi a extender(tp-link tl-wa850re)as a wired access point, only snag is the extender doesn't prompt a password anymore, any idea why & how I add one? I've downloaded the tp-link tether app & changed to encryption & added a password, saved but it doesn't apply it, just goes back to no password 🤷‍♂️

I've recently installed powerline adapters (tp-link av200 nano) & connected one by ethernet cable to wifi a extender(tp-link tl-wa850re)as a wired access point, only snag is the extender doesn't prompt a password anymore, any idea why & how I add one? I've downloaded the tp-link tether app & changed to encryption & added a password, saved but it doesn't apply it, just goes back to no password 🤷‍♂️
Something is not configured right as the extender is now just an access point whereas before it was both a wireless client and an access point. Somehow replacing the wireless client functionality with a wired cable is confusing it, but I suspect that couldn't happen if it wasn't misconfigured in the first place.

I would just completely reset the extender to factory defaults and reconfigure it in its new role as just an access point and see if that does the trick.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS