[SOLVED] Powerline adapter to wifi extender security issue

Mar 20, 2021
I've recently installed powerline adapters (tp-link av200 nano) & connected one by ethernet cable to wifi a extender(tp-link tl-wa850re)as a wired access point, only snag is the extender doesn't prompt a password anymore, any idea why & how I add one? I've downloaded the tp-link tether app & changed to encryption & added a password, saved but it doesn't apply it, just goes back to no password 🤷‍♂️

Solution
I've recently installed powerline adapters (tp-link av200 nano) & connected one by ethernet cable to wifi a extender(tp-link tl-wa850re)as a wired access point, only snag is the extender doesn't prompt a password anymore, any idea why & how I add one? I've downloaded the tp-link tether app & changed to encryption & added a password, saved but it doesn't apply it, just goes back to no password 🤷‍♂️
Something is not configured right as the extender is now just an access point whereas before it was both a wireless client and an access point. Somehow replacing the wireless client functionality with a wired cable is confusing it, but I suspect that couldn't happen if it wasn't misconfigured in the first place.

I would just...
Something is not configured right as the extender is now just an access point whereas before it was both a wireless client and an access point. Somehow replacing the wireless client functionality with a wired cable is confusing it, but I suspect that couldn't happen if it wasn't misconfigured in the first place.

I would just completely reset the extender to factory defaults and reconfigure it in its new role as just an access point and see if that does the trick.

Solution