[SOLVED] Powerline adapter

erniskunkys

Commendable
Feb 10, 2019
Solution
You’ll want one of the higher end units which support MIMO. It makes a big difference in range over power lines. Also overall real world speed. Which will be much lower than advertised.

As UK wiring is a lot different than the US. I just chose the UK equivalent to what I use for client installs. I think there is also an AV2000 model with MIMO support.

I don’t know about the UK. But they may also have a model which doubles as an Access Point. Careful as there is a low end unit which doesn’t do MIMO over the power line. The WiFi model should match visually.
You’ll want one of the higher end units which support MIMO. It makes a big difference in range over power lines. Also overall real world speed. Which will be much lower than advertised.

As UK wiring is a lot different than the US. I just chose the UK equivalent to what I use for client installs. I think there is also an AV2000 model with MIMO support.

I don’t know about the UK. But they may also have a model which doubles as an Access Point. Careful as there is a low end unit which doesn’t do MIMO over the power line. The WiFi model should match visually.

Solution

erniskunkys

Commendable
Feb 10, 2019

Thank You :)

This is the Powerline adapter with Access Point capabilities. It'll still act as a normal powerline Ethernet adapter. It just adds a WiFi Access Point. So, you can hardwire the devices you want and broadcast WiFi in the area too. You can add multiple units for more WiFi points. But at that price I'd likely opt for the TP-Link Deco MESH WiFi with Powerline backhaul.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-Pa...=tp+link+powerline+wifi&qid=1615156071&sr=8-4