Powerline adapters dont see each other? How do I know if they are communicating?

Sjambok

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
I have two powerline adapters of teh same type (bought in a kit). The user manual says "plug them in and they will recognise each other". Well I did, and they don't.

I tried plugging in computer to the far one via ethernet cable, and my wireless internet router to the near one by ethernet cable, and I cant get Internet on the far computer. It does get internet through a wireless dongle on the far computer, so Internet is definitely working. but when wirless dongle is out, no Net...

So how do I know what is going on in this closed system of the powerline adapters? Should I be able to see the network on the main ("near") computer next to the Internet wirless router? it runs Windows 7.

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

I've never really been convinced these can work in a property with more than one ring main, such as we have here in the UK - a separate ring for upstairs from that downstairs. Test your by seeing if they can "see" each other if plugged in separate sockets but in the same room.

TRENDING THREADS