[SOLVED] Powerline connection dropping (D-LINK)

May 2, 2020
So its like 1,5 half years since i got my powerline from D-Link it worked fantastic for a while.
One day while playing counterstrike it just stopped working i lost connection if i wait long enough it will come back or other times i can unplug and replug it and connection comes back. My brother bought one too and set his up in his room but we're both connecting to my powerline downstairs next to the router (if that help).

Solution
Easiest way to test your unit to see if it's going bad--put two of them on a power strip so they're basically just connecting to each other. Plug a cable in one and in the other to a system and see if it drops. If it drops even in this scenario, then it is probably the unit. To confirm, swap the suspect unit with a known good one (like your brother's) and put it in the same test scenario. If it does not drop, then your suspect one is surely bad.
Easiest way to test your unit to see if it's going bad--put two of them on a power strip so they're basically just connecting to each other. Plug a cable in one and in the other to a system and see if it drops. If it drops even in this scenario, then it is probably the unit. To confirm, swap the suspect unit with a known good one (like your brother's) and put it in the same test scenario. If it does not drop, then your suspect one is surely bad.

Solution
May 4, 2020
Indeed, have gained some exp in the past with PL sets and especially when they get older and if they're older models, they can die on you. My wife has a ranch and they used it to bridge quite a distance for a payment terminal machine which worked fine enough but I think she went through 4 or 5 of them in 6 or 7 years or something.