[SOLVED] Powerline gives only around 40mbps

Status
Not open for further replies.

WrongRookie

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
Ok so I got the powerline adapter called AV1000 TP Link. The reason I need a powerline is because getting LAN from where I work is impossible and well I would atleast like to get around 80-100 Mbps for my needs.

When I used a second Router as a repeater, I just managed to get 60 Mbps at 5 Ghz. Now with it acting as an access point as I have connected it to the powerline, it gives only around 40 Mbps( :( )
The main router is two rooms from my workroom.

The Powerline is

TP Link AV2 (TL-WPA7517KIT)

The second router I am using is Asus RT-AC53

my current ISP only provides like 225 Mbps so again, I just would need either 80-100 Mbps and that is enough for me. I am aware that this powerline depends on the electrical circuit(not sure what that means...) but I am now trying it rather than doing a refund because of it being my only option.

Any help is appreciatted.

Solution
Not only is powerline highly dependent upon the house wiring it also doesn't work well if the signal has to pass through the breaker panel between nodes. And, the nodes must be plugged directly into the wall. No extension cords or power strips. This should be spelled out in the documentation that comes with the product.
Not only is powerline highly dependent upon the house wiring it also doesn't work well if the signal has to pass through the breaker panel between nodes. And, the nodes must be plugged directly into the wall. No extension cords or power strips. This should be spelled out in the documentation that comes with the product.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.