[SOLVED] Powerline help

stefs1

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2016
I have powerline, but it stop to work suddenly for minute or two, and work good and stop again,.. Somethimes stop 1 time a day, somethines a couple of times, somethimes in a couple of minutes. On other devices network works good. So the problem is on my pc or powerline.

Powerline is direct plug to wall.

Powerline i have is:
TL-PA4016P KIT | AV500 Powerline Passthrough Starter Kit | TP-Link Laos

Solution
Some kinds of lighting (like LED) or a GFCI on the circuit may cause a lot of interference as well. It tends to be the case that there is more of a trial-and-error style approach to troubleshooting powerline adapter issues since there are so many variables in play. Try plugging the units into different outlets, circuits, and turning off certain appliances or lighting devices one-by-one until you find the problem. Using benchmarking tools like iperf to measure the throughput can be useful as well.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
I use something similar from time to time.
  • Avoid having them plugged into a power strip. Plug directly into the wall (Like you said you do)
  • Avoid having them plugged into the same outlet as a major appliance or other item with a high power draw.
-Try to have both plugged into the same circuit if possible. (Same room is a good test, but then again, if you were in the same room you'd just direct connect lol) Different areas of your house are on different circuits. Look at the Fuse panel to see where the house is broken down to. Living room, Bathroom, Utility etc. Move your PC if you have to, to test.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2019
Some kinds of lighting (like LED) or a GFCI on the circuit may cause a lot of interference as well. It tends to be the case that there is more of a trial-and-error style approach to troubleshooting powerline adapter issues since there are so many variables in play. Try plugging the units into different outlets, circuits, and turning off certain appliances or lighting devices one-by-one until you find the problem. Using benchmarking tools like iperf to measure the throughput can be useful as well.

Reactions: stefs1
Solution

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED

This. ^

Reactions: stefs1

stefs1

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2016
Fixed!
I watch tutorial on YT, but he is deleted, i dont know why.
Anyway, now, every time i turn on pc i get this:
hgghghjg.png

Can i disable this windows and stil enjoy in fixed?

rcfant89

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
Huh, I wonder if his "fix" was to start a continuous ping to "keep alive" the connection? I've never been too impressed with my limited experience with powerline but give it a shot. My guess would be a keep alive type thing, if you close the box then sometimes it'll "sleep" and you'll get that lag. Doesn't really make logical sense to me but that's my only guess FWIW.