[SOLVED] Powerline lag spikes

Nov 7, 2020
I run 2 OS, windows 7 and windows 10 on my PC. As my router is downstairs, I use a TPLINK AV600 to connect my devices upstairs. My TPLINK AV600 works fine on my windows 7 with average ping around <40ms. However, on windows 10 there are constant lag spikes to around >400ms. Any idea why is this happening?

Solution
Yes definitely update all of your drivers, as you should anyway. There is just a ton of information needed that we couldn't possibly know, but clearly based on the information it is Windows10 related which is honestly not a surprise. There are just a ton of convenience features enabled on a fresh install of windows 10 that could be the culprit, and that is where I would start looking. Windows10 defender is suspect etc. turn off or disable features and retest, you will find it!
If you don't get these on win7, it is definitely something about win10 causing the issue. My first thought is some sort of 'background process' that is eating at this, but the other thing could be drivers as the one in win10 is probably different than win7.

AVDesignPro

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
Yes definitely update all of your drivers, as you should anyway. There is just a ton of information needed that we couldn't possibly know, but clearly based on the information it is Windows10 related which is honestly not a surprise. There are just a ton of convenience features enabled on a fresh install of windows 10 that could be the culprit, and that is where I would start looking. Windows10 defender is suspect etc. turn off or disable features and retest, you will find it!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS