[SOLVED] Powerline light off, tried various solutions

Mar 27, 2020
So I've gone through numerous troubleshooting steps by now and none worked. After using it for over 2 months, yesterday the powerline LED on my Strong powerline 500 kit went off. I tried plugging the kit in in different outlets around the house, but it didn't work. When I plug the devices in, for around 8-10 seconds the powerline LED turns on, and then goes permanantly off. I know that my best bet shpuld be some issue in the power grid (other than the kit dying so soon), so any advices?

Solution
The nice thing about powerlines is that when they work, they just work. My advice would be to buy another set of the exact same type and see if those work with the one you have. If it doesn't, you've got a warranty claim.

Ralston18

Titan
Mar 27, 2020
Not sure about your post,
Have you tried steps #7 and #8?
Steps #5 and #6.

Ive gone through the whole installstion sequence multiple times. I do not have any internet connection via powerline and that is why the LED isnt turned on. By troubleshooting I've come to realise that the issue is either in the device or my power grid. I tried turning off and on each and every one of the fuses (without the powerline adapters being plugged in, naturally) but the issue remains.

The nice thing about powerlines is that when they work, they just work. My advice would be to buy another set of the exact same type and see if those work with the one you have. If it doesn't, you've got a warranty claim.

Im guessing warranty is my only solution, but im these times i'm better off ordering a new kit online since every non-grocery store in my country is closed. due to the pandemic.

Dont think im gonna get the same set since I wont have the time nor resources to deal with mailing back and forth cause of the same reason.

Im guessing warranty is my only solution, but im these times i'm better off ordering a new kit online since every non-grocery store in my country is closed. due to the pandemic.

Dont think im gonna get the same set since I wont have the time nor resources to deal with mailing back and forth cause of the same reason.
If you order a different kit, just keep in mind that they usually use the same core components so whatever the issue is, if it is in the line, it will remain. Also, I would take this opportunity to move up the newest and fastest versions as they do work better than older ones.

Then I would get warranty service and then sell off your old units once you've got them replaced.

Although it is never recommended to plug them both into a power strip if you have a very simple power strip without surge protection that tends to be a good way to see if the units will even connect.

If they have passthough power you could plug them into each other directly.

If they don't sync and connect in this configuration then they are likely defective. If they work like this (not very useful) but not in other outlets I would be more suspect of the house wires but the units could still be defective if they were putting out weak signals.

Last edited: