Powerline Networking Theoretical Question Regarding the potential speed.

Jan 17, 2019
I have a question regarding the potential speed by using different adapters. So I will get a 1GBit/s connection soon. At the moment I have 25MBit/s. I am using the Devolo 500 MBit Kit and I have right now no actual loss in speed using it. Now if I get the new connection and knowing that PoE isn't perfect let's say I get 300 MBit through the 500 MBit adapter. Now finally coming to the actual question: Would I benefit from buying an adapter capable of let's say 1200 MBit or would I get similar results? Because as I said there is no loss in speed ATM so I assume that the loss you get isn't percentage based, so for me it seems that there is just a fixed limit possible and getting an adapter capable of faster speed isn't going to change it if the limit is lower than the speed my adapter that I have now can handle.
Sorry for this possibly confusing question. I will try to answer as fast as possible if there is some information you need.
Thanks upfront for the answers
Greetings
Alex

Solution
A ethernet cable is always better. Ethernet can actually transmit 1gbit and receive 1gbit at the same time. If you were a marketing guy they would call the cable 2gbit....but with ethernet it really can do that.

The good thing about ethernet is once the pain of install is done it will pretty much run forever with no problems.
A ethernet cable is always better. Ethernet can actually transmit 1gbit and receive 1gbit at the same time. If you were a marketing guy they would call the cable 2gbit....but with ethernet it really can do that.

The good thing about ethernet is once the pain of install is done it will pretty much run forever with no problems.

Solution
Even though it is tempting do not buy the thin or flat cable. The wire is too small and it is not a certified cable. There are all kinds of issues going distance and the ends of the cable tend to have problem over time.

Generally if you have carpet there is a very small space near the wall under the baseboards you can get a standard cable into.