[SOLVED] Powerline with travel multiplug adapters?

aditnarula

Reputable
Sep 3, 2019
Looking at Powerline Adapters. Very limited options with the plug type used in India. Other options with eu plugs etc available/accessible aplenty however.
Wondering if I could use Powerline with one of those travel plug adapters?

We in India are on 220v Alternating at 50hertz btw

Solution
With Powerline Adapters you are limited by what their input power is. The thing is that if there is a transformer or rectifier in the way the signal won't make it through, so you need continuous lines between nodes. As long as the Powerline Adapter accepts the input power you could use a simple travel adapter, but anything that changes the voltage will not work. So they need to be straight plug type to plug type. Does that make sense?
With Powerline Adapters you are limited by what their input power is. The thing is that if there is a transformer or rectifier in the way the signal won't make it through, so you need continuous lines between nodes. As long as the Powerline Adapter accepts the input power you could use a simple travel adapter, but anything that changes the voltage will not work. So they need to be straight plug type to plug type. Does that make sense?

Reactions: aditnarula
Solution

aditnarula

Reputable
Sep 3, 2019
Yes, i think i understand. Correct me if im wrong. Travel adapters could work..as long as the voltage is similar.
In this case India is at 220v 50hertz. Uk supply, for example, is at 230V 50hertz. A trevel plug might work between the two
As compared to a US plug which is designef to use 120v 60hertz (?) I think
Correct?

Yes, i think i understand. Correct me if im wrong. Travel adapters could work..as long as the voltage is similar.
In this case India is at 220v 50hertz. Uk supply, for example, is at 230V 50hertz. A trevel plug might work between the two
As compared to a US plug which is designef to use 120v 60hertz (?) I think
Correct?
Sort of. The travel plug you linked would do nicely. It is nothing but an electrical connection between to types of plugs, which is what you need.

Reactions: aditnarula
Am not sure what u guys talking about. TRAVEL PLUGS are simple adapters so you don't plug a square peg into a round hole, have no special circuit inside. What you have to pay attention to is that the powerline adapters SPECIFICALLY say 100-240v 50/60hz, or whatever range of your interest. CONSULT MANUAL folks.