Question Powers on but doesn’t boot up.

Aug 25, 2019
I have an ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO WiFi I have it all set up and plugged in right but when I go to boot it up with the EATX12v_1 and v_2 the power supply just clicks twice and that’s it. When I unplug them both it boots up but not fully.

My specs
ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO WiFi
EVGA 650 G3 Gold
GeForce GTX 1080 Founders
NZXT Kraken Series
Intel I9

I’m new to PC building so I’m still learning as I go

OK so I understand you correctly, you plugged in 24-pin power to motherboard (always required) 4/8-pin EPS12V power to CPU (always required) 6/8-pin power to video card (normally required) SATA power to storage devices (normally required) MOLEX power to accessories (optional) CPU fan & case fan power (required)?

haza12d

Honorable
Apr 17, 2017
Take everything out of the case, reseat everything outside of the case and see if it will at least POST. I always like to breadboard my system before I shove it in the case so I know it works.

Aug 25, 2019
Everything works just fine it’s when I plug in the 8-pin that it refuses to power up. It might just be my PSU. When I built my pc in pcpartspicker it said it was fine but I’m going to try to up it another 100W

I am using the 4 pin cpu connector. It has a split so there is 2 of them and I’ve tried both and still has the same results
OK so don't get frustrated with me, I am just making sure we understand each other. I am just curious that your aio dosn't stayed powered when you pull the 4 pin plug, that shouldn't matter if the 8 pin plug is in. Something has to be hooked up wrong. The 8 pin one will probably have 2 4 pin plugs And the other plug will be a 4 pin plug. So basically we are talking 12 plugs all together. The info says you only have a 4+4 8 pin plug in the psu.

Aug 25, 2019
OK so don't get frustrated with me, I am just making sure we understand each other. I am just curious that your aio dosn't stayed powered when you pull the 4 pin plug, that shouldn't matter if the 8 pin plug is in. Something has to be hooked up wrong. The 8 pin one will probably have 2 4 pin plugs And the other plug will be a 4 pin plug. So basically we are talking 12 plugs all together. The info says you only have a 4+4 8 pin plug in the psu.
I’m not getting frustrated with you. But the issue lies that when I plug in the 8 pin into the EATX 12 V that’s when my aio doesn’t go on and the psu just clicks twice.