[SOLVED] Powers up with only 24pin hooked up. 8&4pin unhookedat least half works I think

Jan 29, 2021
New build won't power up. Everything new.
Tried a known working power supply 1050w new and 800w is out of my old working pc
Tried 2 of the same mobo msi x570
Video card built in mobo
2-16gb ram 3600 4ddm
Ryzan 3600
WD 970 black m.2 sad 1tb
I narrowed it down by eliminating.
I found that with all 3 plug (24pin,8pin & 4pin )
Connected no power up. All 4 lights flash (cpu,dram,vga,boot)
So I disconnect the 4pin all 4 lights flash and cpu light stay on
I connect 4pin disconnect 8pin same thing 4 lights flash cpu light stays on
Disconnect both 4h8pin and we have something the cpu, and chip fan comes on but nothing else. The only thing I have on board is cpu w/stock cooler.
Also before I got a second mobile I connected my PS from old pc . And had mobo on cardboard out of case and it was working fine. So I installed it in case and nothing. Pull all of it back out of case and tried again on card board still same problem. Even reset batt.
2 PS 2 MOBO's
(my old pc is 3ddm)
Is there anybody in this computer form that can help me? I am very frustrated and ready to take a slughammer to it. Only if I Had the founds to buy another. But I really need this to work I been working on this for three weeks now. My time has been scattered out everywhere. Please some help...

Solution
Ok just got 1 questions why would they make a mb with a gpu and it not work? Seems useless.if that's so. I'm sorry but it a hard to believe. But I open to Solutions. OK at first I had a gpu al the way up to replacing mb . I'll try it again . Thanks for info.
No video card their no way it can work.

Your motherboard has no built in video, it has plugs but they only work if you buy a CPU that has built in graphics.
The 3600 has no built in graphics.

EDIT things you must have for it to even boot to BIOS. CPU and cooler, memory, video card, power supply.
Jan 29, 2021
Ok just got 1 questions why would they make a mb with a gpu and it not work? Seems useless.if that's so. I'm sorry but it a hard to believe. But I open to Solutions. OK at first I had a gpu al the way up to replacing mb . I'll try it again . Thanks for info.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
No video card their no way it can work.

Your motherboard has no built in video, it has plugs but they only work if you buy a CPU that has built in graphics.
The 3600 has no built in graphics.

EDIT things you must have for it to even boot to BIOS. CPU and cooler, memory, video card, power supply.

Solution