Henry Cee

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012
Hello,
I need help with network and connection issues. last night I "happened" to come across a properties window that several network options, one of them allowed me to change the values (0000000 more or less), previously the box had nothing in it, it was empty. After I selected to change the value of the selection the box filled up with 0's, since then I had no internet connection. Can you help me, please!?

RealBeast

Titan
Since you randomly changed something that you cannot now describe, you best bet would be to restore your machine to a point just before the change.

If you can be more specific on what you changed you can get better guidance, other than advice not to make random changes.

If you do not have such a restore point, I would uninstall and then reinstall the network adapter as a first step unless you can figure out exactly what you changed.

If all else fails, as a LAST alternative a repair install will fix the problem and save your files and programs: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html

Henry Cee

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012

Thanks for replying and for the info. Point well taken, will try to limit myself to things I "know" in the future, but then how will I learn or grow :??:

RealBeast

Titan
That's the right attitude -- learning takes some mistakes, I lost count of mine a long time ago. :)

One thing that is very helpful is to work on a virtual machine, or make a good backup image of your system that you know will work, then tinker away. I use VMWare 9 Workstation and have a bunch of different OSs in there for tinkering and testing.