Prank Forces Siri to Swear at a 12-year-old Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

That is AWESOME! I almost died laughing. I cannot believe it took this long for someone to pull it off. =)

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
I'm pretty sure you guys are missing part of this story. The kid changed his name on the phone, and the phone said his name. Is it so hard to figure this out?

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Tesco said that it would be sending the phone back to Apple

LOL.. That is the STUPIDEST thing I have ever heard..
ESPECIALLY when the fix is to just change the username..

Honestly.. It really surprises me how STUPID people are, especially when a device aimed at simplicity needs to be sent back to reset a username.

"We have launched an investigation. The handset will be going back to Apple for diagnostic tests"
To diagnose what? That the name change worked?
Simple fix:

1. Factory Reset Phone (Or reset to Display model feature reset)
2. Set name

Wow.. -.-

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
[citation][nom]monsta[/nom]This makes news?[/citation]
Now you are aware of the fact that you can actually make Siri swear. Consider yourself informed.

mobrocket

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
r we sure this kid isnt a ugly tw*t?

maybe it was just being honest, either way why complain, i would laugh at it... 12 year old hear much worse everyday at school

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]neon871[/nom]so, who cares? 12 years old he probably heard worse in school![/citation]
Heard worse?? I'm sure he's said worse.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
what they really need to do is to fire everyone in that store....obviously they had the credentials to change the settings....kids these days....how do people survive in the civilian world?....it boggles my mind

custodian-1

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2010
back in the 80's I could make my c-64 talk like a sailor. I used to set it to start "talking" a few hours after I left the house. It drove my mom nuts.

teodoreh

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2007
Irellevant from this story, today I saw on a Google advertise on a site a dating ad that included the firefox girl in it. I believe that nowadays, the pick every single female pic they can find from public or fb and put it there -wow.

officeguy

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
Reminds me of I, Robot. Were the robot (Sonny) had to be deactivated and have some diagnostic tests run to see what was "wrong" with it. Turned out that there was nothing wrong with it, it was just program that way, just like Siri. This is probably a bad analogy but the movie just came to me me when I read it :)

rosen380

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
I think it is pretty coincidental that the kid happened to be the first Siri user on that demo after the phone was 'tampered' with and his parents happen to be paying attn to it at the time. I'm about 80% sure it was probably the 12-year-old who actually did the tampering...

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
This makes me want to go to the nearest cell phone store and set the username on all the iPhones to Shithead. No no, you've just mentally pronounced it wrong. It's a real name. Shi-thi-add or something like that. Bad words are blocked on a lot of devices. That one tends not to be since it is a legitimate name. Most talking devices are not smart enough to pronounce it correctly leading to amusement. Try it on older phones too! Program it as a contact, do the voice commands option, and your phone will read it back to you probably pronouncing the name wrong. Hilarious for a while!

Status
Not open for further replies.