Pre built gaming PC (UK)

Solution
If you take a look at the discussion over several pages of the current power supply 2.0 thread, there are some VERY experienced members and folks with very accomplished power supply testing experience that would tend to disagree with you.

I'm sure you also tracked those builds to see how they were holding up 6 months to a year later too right? I doubt that, but it's possible. I never said the CX units were total junk or didn't work, just that they're not what I'd prefer to spend my own or my clients money on. Garbage in, garbage out. I want a unit that isn't going to have caps leaking, bulging or popping in 10-12 months and having to buy another, better unit, when I could have simply done so to start with.

Any unit that's it's own...
Staying close, but using somewhat better components, than what they include on that build, you could assemble your own rig for slightly more and end up with a much better product.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor (£138.31 @ CCL Computers)
Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£69.01 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Kingston Beast 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£39.39 @ Ebuyer)
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£64.98 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 2GB Superclocked Video Card (£157.00 @ Aria PC)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (£24.90 @ Scan.co.uk)
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£35.18 @ Ebuyer)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer (£9.96 @ Aria PC)
Total: £538.73
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-05 22:21 BST+0100

Yeah it's perfectly fine, changing out parts will give you a 0% performance increase in gaming. Yes building would be better and there are better options but performance wise... you gain nothing as far as gaming is concerned.

The Cx series is used by digital storm a premium builder for machines with a far higher power draw than that. This entire system could easily be powered with cx 430 Literally without issue.

That's poor advise considering the very high number of power supply related failures we see with the entire CX, CS, RM and VS series units. I'd never purposely pair one of those units with a gaming system and the only reason they do so is because the units are cheap. They are cheap because they use cheap Chinese caps and other internal components. IF you're going to spend that kind of money on hardware, spend another twenty bucks and get a reliable high quality power supply and maybe another twenty bucks for a decent board or case.

It hardly matters if the performance is the same for two weeks and then something dies.

Digital storm sells more computers than anyone else sighting issue with these psu's they do not seem to have the issues which makes everything else about it seem foolish. Since revision 2 (now all cx are rev 2) the quality has gone up substantially. If I were building and they were the same price as they are today, then yes of course I'd buy a nicer psu but for the power draw of maybe 300 watts, a 600 watt psu will be plenty.... especially as the cx 600 is standard issue in 2000 dollar overclocked computers from digital storm. I can say the 750 is a poor choice but the rest of the series is more than sufficient.

I've used the cx 430/500/600 watt models in approx 10 custom for sale builds, no issues at all.

If you take a look at the discussion over several pages of the current power supply 2.0 thread, there are some VERY experienced members and folks with very accomplished power supply testing experience that would tend to disagree with you.

I'm sure you also tracked those builds to see how they were holding up 6 months to a year later too right? I doubt that, but it's possible. I never said the CX units were total junk or didn't work, just that they're not what I'd prefer to spend my own or my clients money on. Garbage in, garbage out. I want a unit that isn't going to have caps leaking, bulging or popping in 10-12 months and having to buy another, better unit, when I could have simply done so to start with.

Any unit that's it's own manufacturer believes will fail after three years, and doesn't offer at least a five year warranty, is one I'm going to avoid. And that's not even factoring in the grossly high number of those units we see here on a daily basis that never even made it to the warranty expiry. But there are far worse supplies you could go with.

Solution
And then there's this, which doesn't bode well for the "newer" revision.

This might break your Corsair is still quality bubble.

" Here are the 5 models with the highest return rates during the time period:

- 3,64% Corsair Gaming Series GS600
- 3,59% Corsair CX500 V2
- 3,59% Corsair CX600 V2
- 3,39% FSP (Fortron) HEXA 500
- 3,31% Seasonic S12II-520"