pre built/ home upgraded computer freezing after 4 years

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 16, 2018
Hi everyone, last march I upgraded the internals of my prebuilt 2014 cyber power pc (specs below) I added an evga 1080, elgato capture card, and a 500gb ssd. PC worked fine for months while streaming and playing games fine at 80+fps. I didn't play many pc games for the months of June and July but now in August, I wanted to get back into the new WoW game. Now my pc is freezing after I startup world of Warcraft and I even tested out a different game (steam game: evil within 2) each session of gaming last between 10minutes to an hour before my whole system freezes and i have to hard restart it (hold down the power button). I've uninstalled/reinstalled all drivers, rolled back drivers, cooling is fine for GPU and temp is between 30c to 50c, and system reset windows. I also removed the GPU and used the CPU to see if the freezing would stop and it didn't. I'm hitting my head against a wall don't know what else to do.

Spec's:
I7-6700 @4GHz
EVGA nvidia 1080
8gb of ram
600 watt psu
elgato hd60 pro
500gb SSD
1tb HDD

Aug 16, 2018
Update: I finally was able to boot back into the bios after many black screens, cleaning/removing parts and fixed everything back to normal running (4hours later). I played WoW for about a hour and 10minutes and no freezing. Going to bed now but tomorrow going to be a true test to see if it is truly fixed.

TRENDING THREADS