Pre-Built Media PC

danielwalters1

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013
Hi Guys,

Hoping you could help me find an ideal solution to my requirements. I need to purchase a PC which will be used for two primary purposes:

1. To play and stream media, and browse through my TV
2. To act as a home media server (via PLEX) to stream all of my other home devices

• Dimensions: Looking for a SFF / Mini Tower PC (small enough to sit on the shelf of a TV stand (XBOX size ‘ish’)

CPU: Sufficient to stream movies through our TV and to a couple of PC’s around the house

HDD: I require a minimum of 2TB internal storage, so require a desktop 3.5 inch drive would be best. I don’t mind having to upgrade a stock drive to a larger one.

Connectivity Needs: Built in Wi-Fi for home networking and HDMI for connection to TV

I have considered the Packard Bell I-media, but would be very grateful if anyone has any other ideas? As this will not be my primary PC, appearance and top line performance is not a priority. I would just like to get something that is as cheap as possible.

Many thanks in advance,

Daniel

Nov 1, 2013

ok cheap and performance hmm...
CPU:AMD A10 6800K
RAM:Gskill ripjaws 4gb 1600
Cabinet:Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced - RC-120A-KKN1 Mini-ITX Case with 350W PSU
HHD:Seagate barracuda 2tb 5400rpm
Motherboard:ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+ FM2+ / FM2 AMD A88X (Bolton D4) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI Mini ITX AMD Motherboard
Connectivity:Netgear WNA3100M Wi-Fi USB Mini Adapter