[SOLVED] Pre built PC eventually crashes

Jul 21, 2021
Hi all,

Very new to PC building. I purchased this custom built PC from Caseking.de. I had to send the PC back for repairs after 2 weeks because of black/blue screen and random shut downs. Turns out the GPU was faulty. I've since got my PC back but it will still shutdown randomly. This only happens when playing video games so far and even then sometimes I get 3 hours straight without issues and then other times it happens after 30 mins. When working on anything 3D (Maya/Arnold) related it seems to run just fine. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks.

PHANTEKS Enthoo Pro 2 Big-Tower - schwarz
Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Pro WiFi, AMD TRX40 Mainboard - Sockel sTRX4
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X - Sockel sTRX4 - boxed
Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT Komplett-Wasserkühlung - 360mm
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro schwarz, DDR4-2666, CL16 - 32 GB Quad-Kit
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Gaming OC 8G, 8192 MB GDDR6
Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD, PCIe 3.0 M.2 Typ 2280 - 500 GB
Seagate SkyHawk HDD, SATA 6G, 7200 U/min, 3,5 Zoll - 4 TB
Kolink KL-1000M Netzteil, 80 PLUS Bronze, modular - 1000 Watt
Express Bau (versandfertig innerhalb von 4 bzw. 5 Arbeitstagen)

Solution
The behavior sounds like a PSU (or possibly VRM) issue but can't be sure.
Try running HWiNFO64 (sensors only, logging on) until it shuts down. Boot back up and go through the log file to see if there's any indication of the issue.
Jul 21, 2021
Your PSU is of questionable quality and could be contributing to your situation. There are much better options than that one.

What are your CPU and GPU operating temperatures, at idle and under load?
Hey,

Thanks for replying, sorry I should have mentioned temps for both CPU/GPU are both fine, at Idle usually around 50 and then under load going up to 70-75. I've installed the latest GPU drivers and even been in touch with Microsoft about my installation of windows incase I did something wrong, they made some adjustments but otherwise said all was fine.

After getting back in touch with Caseking they did mention that before leaving the shop all of the components were stress tested and all seemed well and that maybe it was a software/driver issue.

Also just to note I do hear an interesting sound when the PC is running, a sort of revving up noise that comes to a halt and then begins again. A friend mentioned it could be my HDD? I use my SSD for windows and my 3D programs and the HDD for everything else including my video games and as It's so far only video games that have caused me issues. Sorry if it's not related but I do get some strange artifacts in COD WarZone (I don't play mane games) such as trouble loading textures as well invisible guns.

Hey,

Thanks for replying, sorry I should have mentioned temps for both CPU/GPU are both fine, at Idle usually around 50 and then under load going up to 70-75. I've installed the latest GPU drivers and even been in touch with Microsoft about my installation of windows incase I did something wrong, they made some adjustments but otherwise said all was fine.

After getting back in touch with Caseking they did mention that before leaving the shop all of the components were stress tested and all seemed well and that maybe it was a software/driver issue.

Also just to note I do hear an interesting sound when the PC is running, a sort of revving up noise that comes to a halt and then begins again. A friend mentioned it could be my HDD? I use my SSD for windows and my 3D programs and the HDD for everything else including my video games and as It's so far only video games that have caused me issues. Sorry if it's not related but I do get some strange artifacts in COD WarZone (I don't play mane games) such as trouble loading textures as well invisible guns.
You're throwing too many things into the mix for diagnostics. Start with keeping the computer continually on and go from there.;)
The revving could just be hitting the next point in your fan curve.

Reactions: Jay3D
Jul 21, 2021
You're throwing too many things into the mix for diagnostics. Start with keeping the computer continually on and go from there.;)
The revving could just be hitting the next point in your fan curve.
Hey,

Thanks, yeah that's fair enough :sweatsmile: when I leave the PC running there's no crashes at all anyway.

TRENDING THREADS