Pre-Built Pc for A friend

TheSenpaiOfTech

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017
I need a £500 per built pc for a friend who wants to play games like minecraft and overwatch.

Before you say to build it himself he really does not want to as he knows nothing about tech. A few years ago hr bought a chrome book for gaming!
Thank you.

KR2

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015

yes that's definetily a better deal, for the new i3 I would say that will run games very decently.

SammChisnall

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2012

@KR2 i was going to answer this about 5 minutes ago but your Profile Gif sidetracked me :lol: .
In regards to the PC i would always try to avoid getting Pre-Builts like that as they generally use cheap RAM/PSU's/HDD's to try and keep the price as low as possible. As KR2 said watch a few guides and get yourself a motherboard diagram and you will be able to easily build it yourself. If you have any major issues just take your time and raise them here on Toms.

Building a PC is just like a meccano set....a very expensive meccano set.

Alternatively you could buy the parts yourself in order to make sure they are all high quality components then take them to a local PC repair shop (if you have one near-by) and ask them to build it for you. They will normally charge around £20-£30 for labour.

SammChisnall

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2012

Would be better off dropping down to an i5 6600 and getting a decent GPU instead of running the Integrated i7's.