[SOLVED] Pre-built pc in bigger case ?

Apr 23, 2019
Hi
recently I brought a pre-built system Acer Veriton S6620g it has
i7 3770
0n8spfyd6sra.jpg
3.9ghz
500gb hdd ( i will add an 240gb ssd for the system)
8gb ddr3 ram ( I will upgrade it to be 16gb soon)
300w psu ( may be upgraded to 550w idk depends on graphics card that I will buy)
without graphics card. ( i think im going to buy gtx 1050 ti or gtx 1060 6gb * depends on my money*) 😅

so my question is can I change the case to bigger one ? because the factory case is small for a new psu or new graphics card , and its kinda ugly 😂.
and thnx 😀💙

Solution
I believe even the power supply is a standard layout, if a bit tightly fitted in there. Some of the larger power supplies might not fit up there, but most of the 450-550W ones should be fine.

Nothing stopping you from getting a new case if you simply want one, though.
It will very much depend on whether the mounting holes on the motherboard conform to the usual industry standards. Sometimes prebuilt systems might not follow industry standards.

If it does conform then yes, you can change the case safely as the motherboard standoffs will match the mounting holes on the motherboard.

Something similar may apply to the power supply as well.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I see standard ATX both mounting and power connector. Should be simple to transplant it.

Though the case is relatively roomy for a pre-built. Plenty of GTX1050Ti and GTX1060 Mini cards that would work just fine in there.

No pictures of the power supply to see if it is standard size, but if it is you could just swap it out.

Though if you want to spend a little on a nicer looking chassis, certainly an option that will be useful to have around.

Reactions: A7MEDiQ9

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador

It appears that if you enter your serial number there it will give you product details. Hopefully doing so will allow you to see what form factor the motherboard and PSU are.
If you were to take a picture of the motherboard in full we might be able to help some. Basically, you will want to know if it's on some manner of ATX standard, both ways, and has standard motherboard power connectors.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I believe even the power supply is a standard layout, if a bit tightly fitted in there. Some of the larger power supplies might not fit up there, but most of the 450-550W ones should be fine.

Solution
Apr 23, 2019

thanks man 💙