[SOLVED] Pre-built PC won't turn on

Ryallen

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2016
I just bought a new PC because I wanted to upgrade and, given the current situation with scalpers and Bitcoin miners, it was overall cheaper. But when my new computer arrived, I found it won't turn on. When it turns on using the SSD that came prepackaged in it just sticks on the blue screen with the spinning circles saying "just a moment." When I try to boot up the computer with the hard drives from my previous computer it reads several different error messages or just boots straight to bios and is unable to read any boot drivers. I'm not sure what to do here. Do I need to download a Windows 10 executable and install Windows 10 that way? Or is something else the matter?

Solution
I just bought a new PC because I wanted to upgrade and, given the current situation with scalpers and Bitcoin miners, it was overall cheaper. But when my new computer arrived, I found it won't turn on. When it turns on using the SSD that came prepackaged in it just sticks on the blue screen with the spinning circles saying "just a moment." When I try to boot up the computer with the hard drives from my previous computer it reads several different error messages or just boots straight to bios and is unable to read any boot drivers. I'm not sure what to do here. Do I need to download a Windows 10 executable and install Windows 10 that way? Or is something else the matter?

If you know what you are doing, you can disconnect/remove...

USAFRet

Titan
I just bought a new PC because I wanted to upgrade and, given the current situation with scalpers and Bitcoin miners, it was overall cheaper. But when my new computer arrived, I found it won't turn on.
When you called the company, what did their support line say?

What prebuilt? From where?

The more YOU mess with a brand new prebuilt, the more likely it is for them to deny any warranty action.

When I try to boot up the computer with the hard drives from my previous computer it reads several different error messages or just boots straight to bios and is unable to read any boot drivers.
Don't do that.
Take those drives OUT, and don't attempt to boot from them.
A fail in that case proves nothing.

Reactions: Jason H. and SamirD

Ryallen

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2016
When you called the company, what did their support line say?

What prebuilt? From where?

The more YOU mess with a brand new prebuilt, the more likely it is for them to deny any warranty action.

Don't do that.
Take those drives OUT, and don't attempt to boot from them.
A fail in that case proves nothing.

https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali479/p...m_mmc=snc-social-_-sr-_-83-360-074-_-06142021

This one. The company is called ABS.

And it didn't boot from the other hard drive when I took them out anyways. I installed my hard drives because it wasn't turning on when I first turned it on. It's a moot point now anyways, it just decided that the power button doesn't work anymore so now I need to have the whole thing replaced.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali479/p...m_mmc=snc-social-_-sr-_-83-360-074-_-06142021

This one. The company is called ABS.

And it didn't boot from the other hard drive when I took them out anyways. I installed my hard drives because it wasn't turning on when I first turned it on. It's a moot point now anyways, it just decided that the power button doesn't work anymore so now I need to have the whole thing replaced.
ABS the standard crap would ask for a refund not warranty.
ABS is probably worst than Cyberjunk. Ibuyjunk>

Reactions: Jason H.

Joseph_138

Distinguished
ABS is the in house brand of Newegg. It's most likely they are building these out of whatever parts they have laying around that aren't selling just to clear them from inventory, or whatever parts they can get the best bulk pricing on. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they were also using parts returned by customers in these, as well, and hoping they will last long enough for the warranty to expire.

You shouldn't mess around with machines that are still under warranty. Just box it back up and send it back when you get an RMA number. If the machine shows signs of tampering when they get it back, they may refuse to honor the warranty.

If you know what you are doing, you can disconnect/remove the factory C: drive, and, install Win10 fresh to a new SSD...(plus all required drivers!)

If it all works, then it was just a corrupt WIn10 install....; reinstall to their SSD if you wish...

Solution