A Bear Guy

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2014
Hi All,

I recently purchased a pre-built Asus system because I felt that at the time the price was more than fair for what I got. This prebuilt is known for thermally maxing out and then shutting off under even light gaming loads, this is due to a case that only came with an exhaust fan, it was overheating the CPU. I purchased a Be Quiet! AIO 280mm for the CPU, a Be Quiet! 500DX case, and transferred all of the internal components to the new case, the case and AIO are the only hardware change I have made to the system, I did however upgrade to Windows 11 (I'm not sure if I would recommend that yet). I have built about 8 systems before this from scratch, so this transferring of a pre-built is new, in fact pre-builts are new to me in general.

After doing this transfer of parts to the new case I started gaming, and running Modern Warfare at max settings at 3440x1440 was not an issue, none of my temps exceeded 62c, but I would either get a game crash or worse, a BSOD, the same would happen with Resident Evil 7, and then occasionally I would get a BSOD from running Chrome. I tried getting rid of bloatware, I did a check on the memory and it came back healthy according to the system memory health check, I looked up and down for new nvidia drivers and I'm up to date, I transferred the GPU to my old build and it works without a hitch, no problems there. I have several times now tried the various options of reinstalling Windows, whether that is a clean install, rollback to previous settings, fresh start, what have you, I'm pretty sure I've tried it all, but the game and system crashes persist. At this point I am stumped, I'll list all hardware and links to some prior solutions below, you can assume that none of these solutions have worked for me.

All case and mobo inputs and outputs work, I will be purchasing new RAM today, testing it in both systems to double verify function, all games are installed on the HDD, not the NVME boot drive. I am including specific Modern Warfare errors because although other games crash as well others don't give as detailed crash numbers, RE7 gives no crash report on screen, it just crashes. I am highly suspicious that something is wrong with the Windows 11 install, or the video drives considering that both a BSOD and MW crash mention that DirectX ran into an issue.

Thanks for all of your help guys, I appreciate it greatly.

Pre-Built: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-r...080-2tb-hdd-512gb-ssd/6455824.p?skuId=6455824 (it was cheaper when I bought it)
Mobo: https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b560-g-gaming-wifi-model/
PSU: Great Wall brand 80Plus Gold 750 Watt
CPU: Intel i7-11700KF
GPU: Asus RTX 3080 TUF 10GB
NVME (boot drive): 500gb WD unknown model
HDD: Toshiba 2tb unknown model
RAM: 2x8 sticks of SK-hynix 3200mhz
Case: Be Quiet! 500DX
AIO: Be Quiet! Pure Loop 280mm
Windows 11, hardwired for internet

Windows BSOD Errors:
1: Page fault in nonpaged area, what failed: win32kfull.sys
2: System Service Exception, what failed: dxdkrnl.sys

Modern Warfare Errors:
1: Dev Error 6068, DirectX has encountered an unrecoverable error
2: Error Code: 0x00007ffb0ebf0d6e 10435725 0xc000005 nvwgf2umx.dll
3: Error Code: 0x00007fffcac74a1d 10513429 0x0000005 nvwgf2umx.dll
4: Error Code: 0x0000000142a1c769 10513429 0xc0000005 modernwarefare.exe

Attempted Windows Fixes:
1: Reinstall windows, fresh start, completely wipe drive and reinstall from internet.
2: Run DX diag in command prompt,
3: Verify video drivers

Modern Warfare Attempted Fixes:
1: Force Run in DirectX 11
2: Uninstall/reinstall
3: Verify Integrity of game files

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Can you get into BIOS and remain there indefinitely without a lock up or a reboot? While here, please take a look at the BIOS version at the time of writing. Side note, please include the case + AIO cooler added on to the specs list for easier (community)comprehension. For the OS, did you recreate the installer for Windows 11 using Windows Media Creation Tools?

A Bear Guy

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2014
Can you get into BIOS and remain there indefinitely without a lock up or a reboot? While here, please take a look at the BIOS version at the time of writing. Side note, please include the case + AIO cooler added on to the specs list for easier (community)comprehension. For the OS, did you recreate the installer for Windows 11 using Windows Media Creation Tools?
I'll check the Bios as you suggested, but no I did not use the Media Creation Tool, Windows simply prompted me to upgrade or not, and unfortunately I chose to upgrade. The main post has been edited per your recommendation.