I've been having problems with directory structure on my development
machine - the computer doesn't recognize the selected directory in several
apps I'm running, giving me errors...so I thought I'd upgrade to WinXP pro -

First attempt - choosing upgrade, and choosing to download updated files
from the net, I got a message saying it couldn't continue because a file was
missing:
Setup was unable to find, create or modify c:\winnt.sif and couldn't
continue - of course, even if it was downloaded and there, the problem I'm
having could cause that.

Anyway - if anyone can address that issue - great - -

Second question - under 'Perform Additional Tasks' I found 'Transfer Files
and Settings' - -
I did try that, however, since it tried to update the WinNt user DAT files,
though I said just to ignore that file, it went all the way through, then
informed me that it couldn't do it because of those files, and sure enough -
no files were there.

OK - any ideas here?

And, if I am successful - how do I import those files if I do get it all
installed ok?

I know you'll say to erase and start over - but I don't have enough disk
space at this point to accomplsih this.....

I moved a large HD into the computer and successfully transferred the files
and settings...
so....

At least help me with how I can get my transferred files back into the new
installation - -

I would like to know this answer before I do the installation.